There was Wi Fi in the University Theater but I didn’t know the password, so no liveblogging, and zero Tweets. ARGH.
But I wrote down some notes during the event (which I attended with the boyfriend because that is how we roll) like those journalists of yore. Old school yo.
Here we go.
– Debate is telecast live over at DZBB. GMA Network is now apparently the media partner of the paper. (I thought ANC was going to live-telecast the thing?)
– Full house.
– ERAP ISN’T HERE? Awww. And here’s why!
– Ayyy loud cheers for Villar o.
– “pose for history” LOLZ
– Forum (debate?) begins. Noynoy, JC, empty chair, Gordon, Jamby, Nick Perlas, Gibo, Bro. Eddie, Manny Villar
– Rules and stuff:
– question for Villar: Power or wealth ampota. =))
– on advertisements: “use of children” – Jamby. BURRRN VILLAR!
– This is a Villar hatefest!
– JC thinks “most modern contraceptives are abortifacients”. Stupidest statement I’ve heard in a while. (An old man behind me whispered, “Baka naman noon pang 1986 ‘yung iniisip niya.” LOLLLLL go Lolo!)
– Jamby: If not for the “inconsiderate minority” we could have passed the milk bill. BURRRN AGAAIN VILLAR
– Perlas: principled-dwellers daw sila, not bottom-dwellers.
– Okay, the questions are too fucking long.
– Jamby: “Yes I can say something good about him [Villar]. Maganda pag-tina ng buhok niya.” POWTEK. =))
– Jaykie writes: “I will reverse that thrust.” – Jamby. I can’t recall the context but oooh. Haha.
– And now Jamby talks about insertions.
– Jamby thinks 60 pesos ang isang kilo ng galunggong. Crowd basically goes “Are you crazy???”
– Then she says she’s a vegetarian so she doesn’t know. Lusot. LOLZ.
– Gibo, Gordon, and Jamby give pretty substantive answers. Noynoy sort of flouders; disappointing.
– If this were a debate/public speaking class, Gibo will get a 1.0.