It’s good to be back! I missed last year’s Summer Komikon so I made it a point to attend this year and ask kind folks online what good titles are out there.
There were a lot.
What we got:
- Lost (Rob Cham, Anino)
- 12:01 (Russell Molina and Kajo Baldisimo, Anino)
- Kare-Kare Komiks (Andrew Drilon, Anino)
- Amorsolo Esperanza & Andres Celestial (Elbert Or, Anino)
- ZsaZsa Zaturnnah sa Kalakhang Maynila Blg. 2 (Carlo Vergara, Visprint)
- Congratulations, You’re a Girl! (Grickenfish, self-pub)
- Bits & Pieces (Grickenfish, self-pub)
- Ugh 1 & 2 (Hulyen, self-pub)
- Gekorr (Pancho Karambola, self-pub)
- Alaala ng mga Anino (Mike Esteves and Mikey Marchan, self-pub)
- Ligaya (Fatima Bergonia and Adrienne Onday, self-pub)
- Aswang de Manila (Ianthe Pimentel and Kevin Samala, Blue Indie Komiks)
- Buhay Habangbuhay (Paolo Herras and Tepai Pascual, Meganon Comics)
- + a couple of books from Charles Tan (not sold at the event–thanks Charles!)
We were very happy with our purchases and will spend the next few days going through them. My early raves and recommendations: Lost, 12:01, Congratulations, You’re a Girl!, Bits & Pieces, and Ugh. I hope to find the time and energy to review them one by one.
Thank you to everyone who dropped by the Visprint table! (Apologies if I forgot your name/got your name wrong/called you by a different name/asked for your name when I should obviously know who you are. It’s embarrassing. I’m really sorry. I’m bad with names.)
I’ll add more photos here as soon as I get them! (I remember posing with Alexandra Trese.)
We escaped the summer heat and dropped by Greeka Kouzina (which I also recommend) for dinner. It’s a short walk away from Bayanihan Center.