I went on Saturday with fellow book fair first-timer Eula. Promised myself that I will only buy local books, since I’ve already amassed several foreign books from the bookstores and other book bargain sales. Promised myself that I will never buy another book till mid-2010. No, really. Control yourself, damn it.
– Wow, ang laki ng SMX.
– Wow, books.
– First stop, Visprint, so I can finally get me those dead-tree versions of the Trese books.
– I did not recognize Trese author Budjette Tan. I asked, Magkano po yung Trese?
– Eula’s spidey sense tingled, and so we asked Manang Cashier. She said, “Oo, siya ‘yun. Papa-autograph kayo?”
– Me, to self: SO KUMUSTA NAMAN YUNG KABOBOHAN MO, ELIZA.
– Went back to the author. Budjette asked, “What’s your name?” I felt the temptation to say, “Pedro”.
– I went, Oh I’ve read the first seven issues online, so-and-so is my favorite. Nagpa-charming ang lola mo para maitago ang katangahan haha. :D
– No, I don’t think it worked either.
– Kajo (Trese artist) was also there. Woo-hoo, great art!
– Pre-ordered the third Trese book. :) Nawa’y hindi mawala yung libro at makarating naman siya sa ‘kin before October 18.
– I want a Trese poster featuring the Kambal, nyorks.
– UP Press. Got Nouveau Bored by Marc Gaba (I am in love with the cover art, seriously), You Are Here by Mabi David, and Libot ng Durungawan by Allan Popa (I haven’t read a Filipino poetry collection in a long while).
– Ateneo Press: Got The Highest Hiding Place by Larry Ypil.
– Ayos ‘tong book fair, at least I didn’t have to go all the way to UP or Ateneo just to buy the books. (That’s what I did to purchase the Conchitina Cruz books.)
– Can’t wait to crack these books open and be inspired and write my own stories/poems and all that cal.