I just found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Vain Jane. (Read her beauty blog! Carina‘s too!) The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
(Update: Apparently I have more than 200 followers. How did that happen?! Thank you, followers, you’ve disqualified me from the Liebster Award. Hahaha! But I’m doing this anyway.)
The rules are:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
- I was suwi/suhi (Frank breech position), meaning I wasn’t born head first.
- My father believes people who were suwi/suhi can help people with fish bones stuck in their throats by massaging their necks. That’s a very specific belief. He even forced me to massage our dog’s throat once, and you know what, it actually worked.
- I find it interesting that Filipino beliefs, like the aforementioned, find magic in the not-ordinary.
- Speaking of magic, I was born on All Saints’ Day.
- My mother believes that my grandfather, who has passed on, visits us every Nov. 1 in the form of a butterfly or a moth. On my last birthday, my mother told me that my grandfather visited her at our store. She told “him” to go to the house instead. Hours later, I arrived at the house, and when I opened the window, there was a little brown butterfly with white spots on the handle, and I screamed in surprise because I almost crushed it. My mother told me the story when she got home. I asked her what the butterfly looked like, and she said it was brown with white spots.
- Our store burned down years ago, along with the rest of the town’s marketplace, but the store was rebuilt months later. That fire was the worst tragedy our family has ever lived through.
- I was – and still am – very interested in Abnormal Psychology, and almost studied to become a shrink.
- Almost. I ended up enrolling in Journalism instead.
- My boyfriend loves Math. I don’t.
- When I was in college my father wondered aloud why I don’t use make-up (I know right, my own father) and now I own 5 tubes of lipstick.
- I write things.
Answering the Awarder’s 11 questions:
What’s your favourite song and why?
Right now, Tori Amos’s “Star Whisperer”, a variation on a Schubert piece. Just listen to the musical interlude.
If you had to live with one makeup item only, which one would it be?
A tinted lip balm, because I have dry lips and I’d want some color.
What’s the one book that makes you cry every single time you read it?
Then We Came To The End by Joshua Ferris.
Worst makeup related incident in your life?
I once bought an Ever Bilena lipstick for a costume party, and it was shit.
Your biggest fear is?
Developing dementia. My grandmother’s suffering from it.
Which sailor soldier is your favourite? Limit your answer to the solar system, please. I am not interested in Sailor Stars.
Sailor Saturn. Love the purple…everything.
Greatest prank you ever pulled off?
Oh, I don’t pull pranks. I’m boring.
If you had to be a d-list celebrity, which route would you take: (a) sex tape, or (b) getting pregnant at 16, or (3) hanging out with the people from Jersey Shore. Killing yourself is not an option at this time.
Oh man, I’ll just hang out with the Jersey Shore people then.
What did Robert Plant?
Seeds of hate. What?
Which of your present skills can be of valuable use in a post-apocalyptic world?
I can make a grilled cheese sandwich? No, I’d probably die.
What would Malcolm Reynolds do?
Ask a question that will elicit the reply, “Big damn heroes, sir!”
I can’t tag 11 people, that is insane:
Tagging these people whose blogs I regularly read and enjoy –
The Transplant (personal)
Little Almi (personal)
Last Girl (personal)
Mabuhay DIY (crafts, DIY, art)
Yours Truly, Madma (advice, reviews)
Walk Fly Pinoy (travel)
– to answer the following questions:
- What is your favorite color?
- If given the chance to live in a foreign country, where would you go?
- What’s the last film you’ve seen? Did you like it?
- What’s the last book you’ve read? Would you recommend it?
- What course did you finish in college? If given the chance to choose another course, what would it be?
- If someone’s going to make a film about your life, who would you choose to play your mother?
- Favorite cake flavor? ice cream flavor?
- What would you say is your talent? Show off with pictures if necessary. ;)
- Worst job experience?
- Worst vacation/trip so far?
- Best vacation/trip so far?
Have fun. :)