My endless gratitude to those who dropped by Booth 78 (Komiket x Visprint) to say hi, buy books, and have their copies signed. I’m not a fan of crowds, but I always leave book events like this energized and pumped to write more.
Here are a few photos I was able to take. I wanted to take more shots but I was carrying a shoulder bag and a bag heavy with books, and the crowd. Oh, the crowd.
Before we headed to SMX, we went to the new Beni’s Falafel branch in SM MOA (South Building, near Gonuts Donuts if I remember correctly). Thank you to Honey de Peralta for the tip! If you’re in the area, you should try Beni’s Falafel.
Here is Booth 78 busy with buyers.
The Visprint x Komiket / Komiket x Visprint catalogue! After Lambana is already listed here. Hala ka, Mervin.
That empty spot was where copies of Dwellers used to be. The Visprint ladies said they bring 20 copies of each title every day. When I left, there was only one copy of Dwellers left for the day. Thank you, readers!
Jack Alvarez’s boots were so high and so awesome the guards thought he was going to the cosplay event. Probably my favorite story of the day. Haha!
3D printer. I enjoyed watching it at work, when a guy behind me said, “Last year pa kaya ‘yan.” E di ikaw na updated!
Saw this in passing. It was lovely, but didn’t get to buy it.
Finally, my book fair haul:
- Lunatic, Meganon Comics, various authors
- Sixty-Six, Anino/Adarna, Russell Molina and Ian Sta. Maria
- Janus Silang books 1 & 2, Adarna, Egay Samar
- Histories, Ateneo Press, Charlie Samuya Veric
- Cover (Story) Girl, Visprint, #romanceclass series, Chris Mariano (first read this as an ebook)
- Piko, Anino/Adarna, various authors
- Smaller and Smaller Circles, Soho Press, bought at the National Book Store booth, FH Batacan
- Ang Autobiografia ng Ibang Lady Gaga, Visprint, Jack Alvarez
- Married Women, Ateneo de Naga Press, bought at the Ateneo Press booth, Maryanne Moll
- The huge National Book Store booth has a good system for payment. Lots of cashiers, a single line, a la SM Hypermarket. Anvil, which shares space with NBS, has only two cashiers, I think.
- Booth 78 is too small for signing, but I’m happy to see a lot of readers.
- I don’t understand the booth numbering system. A map would be handy. I feel like I have missed a lot of interesting booths because I can’t figure out where everything was.
- I do wish the aisles were wider, with seats where weary attendees can take a break and rest their aching feet.
- Bring water. Definitely.
- Wear a comfortable pair of shoes.