– Re-read Stephen King’s Pet Sematary
– Read a bunch of stories from Ellen Datlow’s Best Horror of the Year series. (I was in a very horror kind of mood.)
– Watched all 13 episodes of Hataraku Maou-Sama (The Devil Is A Part-Timer). The Dark Lord of Ente Isla and his demon general Alsiel flee an attack by using a portal between worlds. They end up in modern Japan, where there is no magic and everything is expensive. The Dark Lord is forced to work part-time at a fast-food restaurant, while Alsiel stays in their rented apartment, figuring out how to get them back to Ente Isla, do housework, and make sure they’re living within budget.
It’s as crazy, charming, and funny as that summary. I loved it to bits.
– Did an interview with Philippine Star SUPREME about creepypasta, NoSleep, and online storytelling. [Read: “The new weird” by Don Jaucian]
– Ate a bowl of Ramen and sea salt caramel chocolate mousse.
– Received cake, a black balloon, and a bag of treats from my lovely colleagues.
– Received cake from my siblings.
– Ate a lot of cake.
– Attended the second Usapang May-Akda, featuring Emiliana Kampilan of Dead Balagtas.
– Bought a new copy of elsewhere held and lingered and had it signed by the author. Happiness.
– Jaykie and his drawings.