Wounded Little Gods is now out in the wild. See a couple of photos from readers below. Thank you!
I also got my complimentary copies!
My first Visprint book with my latest Visprint book, for size comparison.
As tradition dictates, expect a book giveaway soon–but let’s talk about that later.
- Neon Literary Magazine has nominated my poem “What Waits” for the 2016 Forward Prize. You can read the poem and the three other nominated pieces in the link.Says editor Krishan Coupland: “The Forward Prizes, awarded annually, are some of the most prestigious awards for poetry available in the UK. Each year I nominate four of the best poems published in Neon during the previous twelve months for the Best Single Poem category[.]”
- My short story “The Seventh“, published in Likhaan Vol. 9, is now available to read online. Feel free to share the link.
- My story “Fortitude” will be appearing in this volume:
SCIENCE FICTION: FILIPINO FICTION FOR YOUNG ADULTS
Coming soon from University of the Philippines Press
With stories by: Kim Sarabia, Eliza Victoria, Kate Osias, Raymond P. Reyes, CP Coulter, Gabriela Lee, Lakan Umali, Daniel Carlos Tan, Nikki Alfar, Victor Fernando R. Ocampo
Cover design by: Aletheia Rio
Edited by: Dean Francis Alfar, Kenneth Yu
- My story, “The Target”, will be appearing in the tenth volume of Philippine Speculative Fiction.
Coming in April! Philippine Speculative Fiction X, edited by Nikki Alfar and Dean Francis Alfar (Flipside Publishing). Featuring fiction from Alyssa Wong, Joel Pablo Salud, Jose Elvin Bueno, Cyan Abad-Jugo, Andrew Drilon, Gabriela Lee, Renz Torres, Francis Gabriel Concepcion, Alexander M. Osias,AJ Elicaño, Razel Tomacder, Richard Calayeg Cornelio, Sarge Lacuesta,Eliza Victoria, Victor Fernando R. Ocampo, Kenneth G. Yu, Kate Osias,Joseph Montecillo, Vincent Michael Simbulan, EK Gonzales, Noel Tio, Lakan Umali, and Raymund P. Reyes.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Visprint is holding a Summer Warehouse Sale at the Visprint warehouse. See map below and get to it!
All of your favorite Visprint titles on SALE! From 20-50% off! April 2-3, 2016, 8am to 5pm only.
You’re still here? Oh goody. Let’s get to the exciting part.
Now that Wounded Little Gods has been released, here’s how you can support it:
1. Buy the book. Of course! :) Delivery to book stores is pending, but you can email email@example.com to have it delivered to your doorstep.
2. Share this link and other Wounded Little Gods info on your social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest etc.).
3. Review the book. Blog about it. Tell your friends, whether you enjoyed it or not. If you are on Goodreads, add the book to your bookshelf and share your thoughts.
To celebrate, I will be giving away one (1) free signed copy of my new book.
Go to this link to see the mechanics and enter the giveaway: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/6316c1c92/?
Some additional details:
- The winner will be announced no later than April 17, Sunday.
- Open to residents living in the Philippines only.
- The copy will be shipped, hopefully immediately (it depends on how busy I am) via courier.
- The copy I will be sending are from my own set of advance copies from Visprint, but Visprint is not a sponsor of this contest. Neither is the courier.
- The winner will be chosen via electronic lottery, and will be announced on this blog and contacted via email.